Tuesday, September 9, 2008

9-9 Today is my Re-Birthday! Hip Hip Hooray! Update

I had an amazing day!
I forgot what it was like to have a truly happy birthday, t
oday I realised what that was like and it was perfect!

My girls and I went to Sydney, my mum was already down there to get some super spectacular coffee (can't get it in Newy) for their amazing coffee ma
chine, so we met at the Lowenbrau Kellar at The Rocks at 11.30.

Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrr
my head is aching... will finish this tomorrow


toodle pip

Continuing on....

Lunch at the German restaurant was really lovely, it bought back a lot of childhood memories, I grew up on this kind of food. I was over flowing with happiness, I wi
sh my dad could have been there but he had to work.
Mum and I had the big Stein of beer and the I got the girls Lowenbrau non alcoholic beer, I love that they were poured into proper beer glasses and not soft drink glasses.




Bianca's first sip


You light weight! where are those German genes girl?!
Eins! Zwei! G'Suffa!

The girls had Schnitzel and both said it was the best Schnitzel they ever had apart from the one I make :)

mum had
Jägerpfanne mit Spätzle
Medallions of Veal Topped with Ham, Cheese and
Mushroom Sauce

I had
Schlachtplatte
Löwenbräu's Selection of Bavarian Specialities –
Sausages, Chicken Schnitzel, Roast Pork Belly Served
with Mashed Potato and Sauerkraut


Oh what a lunch! 3 different kinds of sausages including a REAL frankfurt, and lieberkase which I absolutely love. I asked if I could have half red cabbage and half sauerkraut, because I love both of them. The whole meal was delicious!

It started us talking about the "olden days" and how my Opa hid my Oma in a barn to hide her from soldiers during WW2 and mum told me that they still have my great great grandparent's wedding rings, which my great great grandfather made out of silver while in Serbia. I need to get all of this written down. It sounds like I have a really interesting family history and if I don't learn about it soon I could lose part of my history that I wont be able to get back.

Another interesting thing..we were discussing all the 9's in my life and mum told me that I was 7 pound 2 ounces! There's another 9 that I didn't know about.

Best Birthday lunch ever!
And the server told me that because it was my birthday, I got my meal free!!

One of the most surprising things about the day was all of the birthday messages! I haven't experienced anything like it since I left school. I was getting messages all day, from old boyfriends (good and bad boyfriends) my ex father in-law (which is special that he still thinks to send me a card) my best friend Kylie, a lot of old and new friends, my hairdresser... it was just so nice. I am obviously projecting so much positive energy into the universe which is coming back and that makes me even happier, pretty soon I'll be sickly happy lol

There was no need for dinner..
My birthday cake was a choclate swiss roll that Allira made which had berries and fresh cream all rolled up inside and lots of whipped cream and strawberries on the outside, it was beautiful!!

I am blessed, I am happy, I am at peace with who I am
Happy re-Birthday to me



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Ivy!
Love Melora

Unknown said...

wonderful- the joy of being 21 again..

Myst_72 said...

Sounds like a lovely day,

so pleased for you,

G
xx

Hippy Witch said...

A belated happy Birthday Ivy, I know that you have many more HAPPY ones to come, you deserve them.
Blessings to you
Diana

Anonymous said...

Alles Gute zum Geburtstag!!