Friday, April 22, 2005

Ahhhh... relaxation!


The View From Our Camping Spot


On Tuesday morning, my daughters and I decided to go camping, I had had enough of feeling miserable, I needed to go bush. So we went to Barrington Tops, a place where I used to go camping a lot with my family when I was younger.
I can't say enough about how much better I feel after our little holiday. We stayed two nights, camping in our little tent, no flush toilets, no showers, no electricity, it was heaven! Barrington Tops is such a beautiful place, it makes you feel calm from the moment you start driving past Gloucester, the air changes, it's crisp and pure. When we arrived at the camping area, we pitched the tent, put our sleeping stuff inside and went for a walk to get fire wood, we started a fire and prepared our dinner, cooking a stew over a fire is heaven! and everything tastes better when you're camping. The first night was absolutely freezing, the sky was clear, the amount of stars that you can see is amazing. The next day was cold, overcast but we didn't care, just happy to be away from the world. We went for a walk around the swamp, which is a nice long walk, over creeks, fallen logs, past Kangaroos, lots of them! Then back to camp for more relaxation. A and B made friends with a kookaburra which was always near us, they sat on the ground and fed him, he was gorgeous, and he got so close to them! By about 5pm the sky went dark and it started raining, we still had our fire, we had our dinner, we made friends with other campers and we all gathered in the community shelter and made a massive fire, it was a nice evening.
Going to sleep that night was a bit scary, walking down to our tent at 10:30pm in the rain, looking over the swamp which was covered in mist was very eerie, I didn't sleep at first, listening to the rain on our tent was calming and I ended up getting 4 1/2 hours sleep. We left the next morning and slowly made our way home. I didn't want to go home, I wanted to be peaceful for a little while longer. I don't want to go back to work next week, I don't want to be at work on A's birthday (4 months off work and they want me back on her birthday!) I want to keep that calmness that we all had for a few days.
I lost a little bit of weight, only 200grams, but I don't care, I'm still relaxed :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HEY! Don't just go off like that again without telling me! Not that I can do anything, I'm millions of miles away....still, DON'T DO IT AGAIN!

Glad you're feeling better though :)

P.S. Keep off the choc! x